Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rib-Eye & Champagne on a Rainy Day

I'm sure I don't have a biased opinion when I say my husband is the best BBQ'er ever! Why go to a steak house when you can have the best at home?! Which brings me to tonight's dinner....bone-in rib eye, butter & garlic asparagus & baked fries, all served with champagne by the fire. This was my first time making my own fries and asparagus with NO recipe! It came out great!! Enjoy!

For the Steak
Steak of choice
spices of choice (we use Montreal steak seasoning)
-Cook on the grill for about 8 minutes per side.

For the asparagus
12 asparagus stems
1 tbs butter
1 tbs white wine
salt and pepper to taste
-Cook asparagus in boiling water for 4 minutes until bright green. Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
-In a pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add wine, salt & pepper, & asparagus, until asparagus is heated through. Serve immediately. 

For the baked fries
1 russet potato
1 tbs olive oil
salt, pepper, parsley, & garlic powder (eye ball amounts to liking)
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees
-Peel and cut potato into fry size strips
-In a mixing bowl, add fries, oil, salt, pepper, parsley & garlic powder, mix until potatoes are well coated. 
-Bake on a greased cooking sheet for 2o minutes & on broil for 5 minutes for an extra crunch!












2 comments: